Saturday 27 March 2021

Island View Beach

 Island View is an absolutely stunning place. Nearly every time I go I see otters, and usually seals, this time I saw a mink, very shy little guy! It's interesting with all the ruins all over the beach to think about the power the ocean has that it can move massive items like that. I forget exactly why their are these ruins all over the beach - perhaps something to do with the old Sidney(Island )Brick & Tile Company? It operated in 1906 to 1915 and the beaches along Sidney have bits of brick and ruins as well.

Warning: there are images of a dead fish and a dead seagull.








                                                                RIP little fish guy.



                             There is a flicker and a kingfisher in this image, I swear! 

                Eagle's nest, I saw the eagle couple as well but didn't get any  good photo of them.


There were feathers strew EVERYWHERE! It was really brutal and I wonder, with the eagles nearby, did this seagull perhaps piss off the wrong eagle? 



                                                                          Otter tracks.



#vancouverisland #islandviewbeach #nature #natureisbrutal #bones #shells #ocean #oceanlife #westcoastcanada #canada #ruins #ottertracks

No comments:

Post a Comment

A note from myself.

  I realized quite soon after starting this blog that I am terrible at it! If I head out nearly every day, and I come home tired, I just don...